I am not typically one for new year’s resolutions. Something about the spectacular fail rate, I suppose. And my perfectionist tendencies. I know me, and I prefer not to fail at things, thank you very much.
Most people make resolutions or goals that are too broad (I want to lose weight) or too specific (I will go to the gym every single day). 99% of people will fail at these resolutions. (And if you are the <1% who goes from couch potato to 365 straight days of gym-going… Wowza).
But this is not a post about how to set SMART goals or how to keep your resolutions.
This post is for any of us who:
- have a vague sense that maybe we should change something in the coming year, but we don’t know what.
- are saddened/sick/frightened by what we see in the world and want to be a part of turning it around.
- are tired of feeling powerless.
- want to make a difference instead of reading or watching inspirational videos about people who make a difference.
- have families, commitments, and busy schedules that seem to crowd out our good intentions.
- don’t know where to start.
I find myself in every bullet point above. This blog is for me. This blog is for you.
This is a place to celebrate accomplishments, to get ideas, and share inspiration. Normal, everyday, busy people doing things big and small to make a difference.
To be honest, 2016 was a lot about me. I accomplished a lot of things: big goals, impressive accomplishments. But frankly, I’m tired of being the center of my own world.
For me, this year is going to be less about me and more about making a difference.
If you find yourself on the list above, join me here. If you don’t, join us anyway. We need each other’s ideas, encouragement and inspiration.